Medical Alumni Association (MAA) is pleased to accommodate campus requests for use of our National Historic Landmark. It is available for use Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. If permission is granted to use the hall outside these normal hours of operation, the party utilizing the hall must arrange security to ensure everyone’s safety and ability to enter.
Please read these guidelines thoroughly as you will be asked to certify that you have read and accepted them before submitting your reservation request. These guidelines were updated for use of Chemical Hall beginning in January 2022.
MAA/Davidge Hall Contact – Ms. Barbara Atkinson is responsible for scheduling activities. Requests are not confirmed until all appropriate forms have been received, reviewed and approved by Ms. Atkinson, who will notify you when the event has been approved. You must make your request for use online.
Eligibility – Events held in Chemical Hall must be sponsored, hosted, and/or personally attended by the president, dean, assistant dean, or school of medicine department chair. For use as a classroom, the request can be forwarded by the instructor.
Building Decorum – As Davidge Hall houses the offices of the Medical Alumni Association and the Trustees of the Endowment of the University of Maryland, professional behavior is expected at all times while in the building.
Responsibilities of the Event Coordinator (or Representative):
- Arrange for any services required to facilitate your event and to return the room to its pre-event appearance (see “Resources,” below);
- The front door of Davidge Hall shall remain closed at all times–no door stops are permitted to keep it ajar. Participants can enter by swiping their UMB ID badges. If your participants do not have UMB ID badges, it is your responsibility to post a representative out front to escort them into the building and ensure only event participants are entering;
- Highlight to event participants the location of two gender-neutral restrooms located in the east- and west-side corridors. They are the only two public restrooms in the building.
- If the fire alarm sounds, the event coordinator must direct participants to one of three exits: the original point of entry, or the two rear exits accessed from the main floor–through either entrance of the lecture hall;
- At the conclusion of your event, report to MAA staff so that we can ensure that the hall has been returned to its proper condition. Failure to return the lecture hall to its proper condition may result in the denial of future use requests.
Resources – A list of campus resources will be provided to you once your event has been approved. They include:
**Please note: DO NOT REQUEST TABLES AND CHAIRS FROM FACILITIES. Ample tables and chairs are available in the Chemical Hall storage area along the east corridor. They are for your use but must be returned to the storage area clean before you depart the hall.
- Housekeeping – If food is being served you must contact Housekeeping (enter a work request) to arrange for additional trash containers if needed and cleaning services after your event
- Media Services – If you plan to use the microphone or any audio/video equipment