Medical Alumni Association (MAA) is pleased to accommodate campus requests for use of our National Historic Landmark. It is available for use Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Please read these guidelines thoroughly as you will be asked to certify that you have read and accepted them before submitting your reservation request.
MAA/Davidge Hall Contact – Ms. Barbara Atkinson is responsible for scheduling activities. Requests are not confirmed until all appropriate forms have been received, reviewed and approved by Ms. Atkinson, who will notify you when the event has been approved. You must make your request for use online.
Eligibility – Events held in Chemical Hall must be sponsored, hosted, and/or personally attended by the president, dean, assistant dean, or school of medicine department chair. For use as a classroom, the request can be forwarded by the instructor.
Building Decorum – As Davidge Hall houses the offices of the Medical Alumni Association and the School of Medicine Development Office, professional behavior is expected at all times while in the building.
Responsibilities of the Event Coordinator (or Representative):
- Arrange for any services required to facilitate your event and to return the room to its pre-event appearance (see “Resources,” below);
- The front door of Davidge Hall shall remain closed at all times–no door stops are permitted to keep it ajar. Participants can enter by swiping their UMB ID badges. If your participants do not have UMB ID badges, it is your responsibility to post a representative out front to escort them into the building and ensure only event participants are entering;
- Highlight to event participants the location of the eastside restrooms (opposite the entrance of the lecture hall), as there are no other public restrooms in the building;
- If the fire alarm sounds, the event coordinator must direct participants to one of three exits: the original point of entry, or the two rear exits accessed from the main floor–through either entrance of the lecture hall;
- At the conclusion of your event, report to MAA staff so that we can ensure that the hall has been returned to its proper condition. Failure to return the lecture hall to its proper condition may result in the denial of future use requests.
Resources – A list of campus resources will be provided to you once your event has been approved. They include:
- Housekeeping – If food is being served you must contact Housekeeping (enter a work request) to arrange for cleaning services after your event or to request additional trash containers
- Media Services – If you plan to use the microphone or any audio/video equipment
- Facilities Management – For reserving tables and chairs